Junior Sysadmin / Web Developer
Jaguar Design Studio is looking for a talented junior sysadmin / web developer to help build and expand our platform of web-based events tools.
We are a small studio with some big clients, and we are rapidly growing.
This posting is for full-time, in-office openings. Candidates will need to be within commuting distance to the company office in Aptos, CA (near Santa Cruz).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with fellow engineers to build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure ongoing reliability* Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure, network and operating system issues
- Leverage devops tools to automate configuration, provisioning, deployment, and maintenance of our core systems
- Develop and test web-based applications in a collaborative environment
- Rapidly becoming proficient with our preferred stack of tools (including Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Bootstrap, Git, and more), as well as any new tools we add to the mix
- Work closely with in-house design team to provide technical understanding for designs and wireframes
- Provide onsite desktop support to our small local core team
You should meet the following requirements:
- You have strong experience with Linux and UNIX tools
- You have previous experience working with various cloud providers (AWS, Linode, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud Computing, etc)
- You have hands-on experience with virtualization and container technologies like VMware, Docker, Virtualbox, Vagrant
- You are familiar with infrastructure level security and access management
- You possess a positive, can-do attitude
- You have a broad overall technical background
- You are reliable and professional, and capable of managing your own workflow without micromanagement
- You have an extremely high attention for detail
- You are continuously learning new technologies and updating your skill set
You are a strong candidate if many of the following are also true for you:
- You have experience working as a sysadmin or programmer in a professional setting
- You completed a degree in Computer Science or other STEM discipline
- You have hands-on experience with devops tools like Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef, etc.
- You have worked with PostgreSQL or other SQL-based data stores
- You have worked with Redis, Memcached, and other non-SQL based data stores
- You have active GitHub, Bitbucket, StackExchange, and/or HackerNews accounts (feel free to link to them in email)
- You are experienced with React, AngularJS, or other client-side “MVC” frameworks
Send an email to: email@example.com, with subject line: Junior Sysadmin / Web Developer
In the email, please include your resume, and any code samples or links to completed work that you wish to share.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.